Autor Wątek: Coffea Dybowski  (Przeczytany 2150 razy)

Offline Antonio Mężczyzna

• Mastro Antonio
  • Ojciec Chrzestny
    • Mastro Antonio
  • Ekspres: WEGA Concept
  • Młynek: Ceado E6P/E37S/E8D MGuate/MSJ
Coffea Dybowski
« dnia: 19 Luty 2015, 13:31:30 »
Dziś na FB dowiedziałem się od przesympatycznego znajomego (Mikhail Sebastian) o istnieniu rośliny zwanej po łacinie Coffea Dybowski. Mikhail napisał:

Cytuj (zaznaczone)
The farm I am in has some of coffee liberica or coffea excelsa growin. Its kind of fascinating since I never saw those huge tall coffee trees before. I did some research about them, and the interesting fact as was mentioned before at the research center here in Puerto Rico, and by communication with Q grader, Alfredo, and I found some lovely facts. There are hundread of species of coffee as we know, but only two species-arabica and canephora account all coffee world market. Liberica is native to West Africa, whereas dewevrei is from Central Africa. Coffea dewevrei, caffea dybowskii and coffea excelsa were previously considered separate species, and those names were widely published by Emile Auguste Joseph de Wildeman and Theophile Alexis Durand. But in 2006 they were reclassified as synonimus for Coffea Liberica, varietal dewevrei. It was Jean Paul Antoine Lebrun, who reclassified it into new botanical systematics.

Coffea Liberica/or Excelsa grown in much smaller scale. Liberica/Excelsa grow as a large strong tree as I observed here at the farm, up to 20 meters in height with large leaves, 20-30cm, which are thick, tough, and leathery. The fruit is large as well. Begin to bear fruit after 4-5 years. It's a larger and hardier tree than the other coffee species. With too much rainfall the plant tends to develop wood at the expense of flowers and fruits. It will only flower when day is 13 hours or shorter. It will grow in a much more torrid climate and can stand exposure to strong sunlight. The flowers are larger then those of arabica. Pulps are not juicy. The rippen cherries do not fall from the trees. Basically, picking can be delayed. In one research paper I found online about those species states: "the low caffeine content in leaves of c. dewevrei (-0.5mg/g) is due to a low biosynthesis associated with a fast degradation. Caffeine concentration is controlled by the ratio between biosynthesis and degradation, which could varry during the fruit maturation".

Excelsa was discovered in 1905 by Aug. Chevalier in West Africa. It has broad leaves, flowers large, the berries are short and broad, the bean smaller than robusta, the caffeine content is high, higher than robusta (1.7-4% in robusta). Arabica caffeine in comparison is 0.8-1/4%. Dybowskii, another disease resistant variety similar to excelsa, but having different leaf and fruit characteristics.

So, the point here is that Coffea Dewevrei, Coffee Dybowskii and Coffea Excelsa are not separate species anymore. All three are one varietal of Liberica. They could not find much difference between them and summed it up to one species, Liberica with one varietal of Dewevrei.

Coffea Dybowski została odkryta (tak przypuszczam) w Afryce przez Jeana Dybowskiego, kuzyna wielkich polskich przyrodników Benedykta i Władysława Dybowskich.

http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benedykt_Dybowski
http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/W%C5%82adys%C5%82aw_Dybowski_%281838-1910%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Dybowski

Z tekstu Mikhaela wynika, że Coffea Dybowski i parę podobnych roślin traktowano do tej pory jako osobne gatunki. Wg najnowszej systematyki wszystkie te rośliny stanowią jedną odmianę o nazwie Dewevrei gatunku Coffea liberica.

http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawa_liberyjska
« Ostatnia zmiana: 20 Luty 2015, 06:58:57 wysłana przez Antonio »

Offline shaqks

• Ekspres: Kawiarka G.A.T Valentine/ Drip Hario 02 / Aeropress / Chemex(NS Aurelia 2)
  • Młynek: Mazzer Luigi Mini(F83e, Anfim Super Caimano, Mazzer SJ)
Odp: Coffea Dybowski
« Odpowiedź #1 dnia: 20 Luty 2015, 11:42:04 »
Mała lekcja angielskiego w wolnym dniu zaliczona :)

Pokaż nieprzeczytane posty: Nowe / Wszystkie / Odpowiedzi